The Pieve di San Giusto in Salcio has been mentioned numerous times since the 11 C in the papers of the Abbey of Coltibuono. The property must have been of a certain importance since it was often given as prebend to influential members of well- known Florentine families.
The church is a basilica with three naves, the same number of apses and an open truss-beamed roof. The divisions between the naves consist of arches supported by pillars in quadrangular sections with a very simple corbel at the top. Light is not only let in through the "eye" in the front but also by a number of splay windows opening in the lateral walls and rising above the apses.
The bell tower is situated behind the church and consists of a mighty tower on a square base, the upper part of which was reconstructed. In place of the present tower there used to be a small bell gable inserted directly into the wall.
During the years 1926 to 1929 the complex of San Giusto in Salcio was almost completely restored. Only the lower part of the bell tower, the central part of the facade and the middle apse were saved from the old construction.